Garagegames新开放48小时引擎只卖99美金

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2011-1-21 01:15:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

You've been patiently waiting and the time has come. GarageGames is back! We've changed our name back to GarageGames and we are dropping the prices on all products to $99.00 to celebrate our new direction and return to our indie roots. It's been a storied ten years for the GarageGames name and we are looking forward to ushering in the next decade.

The return of GarageGames is much more than a $99 price point. It's a commitment to the community who grew with us over the years. It's a return to the values that brought people together to make great games without the burden of unbearable pricing or royalties. Our community is a diverse group of people who are willing and able to help each other grow as game developers and we can't wait to take that community to the next level. So before I dive into details, let's put some stakes in the ground:

We are committed to delivering you a full source solution without royalties at a price that indies can afford,

We are committed to a better out of the box experience: more intuitive tools focused on design, better tutorials and documentation, and web-site updates that support our most valuable feature…our community,

We are committed to bringing in more talent that can help us execute reliable processes, provide better quality, and set higher standards that exceed your expectation ( btw…we are hiring ).

You will find real evidence of our commitments scattered through this site that we updated late last night. The most obvious is the $99.00 price tag. We believe that this price makes the Torque product line available to everyone with a serious itch to make a game without opening the flood gates for free users who may not be as committed to the same goals as paid developers who rely on our support in the forums. You will notice that we are sun-setting TorqueX and providing refunds to those who pre-ordered iTorque 3D. We know that what we need more than anything is a more focused roadmap and these choices are a difficult, but necessary, step in that direction. You can find more product updates on this blog.

You may be wondering who the new owners are. First off, they are modest, so they asked that I not make them the focus of this blog. I'm guessing; however, that you do want to know that we are in good hands. Trust me...we are. Over the past couple of weeks I talked with dozens of interested parties but none of their values aligned as closely as they do with Graham Software Development. I can't thank them enough for suggesting and supporting the low price-point and the resurgence of the GarageGames brand. These guys are just like us; they are indie developers with the drive and desire to build something that changes the way people make games.

There's a lot for us to do. Setting and achieving a new, higher standard for game development tools won't happen overnight. On top of that challenge, we are switching over to new services ( web hosting, payment processing, etc. ) and moving into a new building (we are staying in Vegas, just moving to a bigger location ). We are also hiring and will be adding new people to the team ( did I mention that we are hiring? ). So you may see a few fresh company faces in the forums. Because of these moving pieces, you may notice the occasional web-site glitch or other disruption. So thanks, in advance, for your patience as we make these changes.

In closing, I can’t thank you enough for sticking with us during this time. The team stayed together through the transition and I can't help but think that your enthusiasm and kind words played a big role in making that happen. We look forward to meeting our new goals so that we can continue to deliver on the promise of bringing royalty free, full-source, game engines to everyone!

So let’s hear it in the comments. It's time to make some noise for GarageGames!

~Eric Preisz
CEO, GarageGames, LLC

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2011-1-21 01:16:00 | 显示全部楼层

Re:惊人好消息。www.garagegames.com新开放。48小时引擎只卖99

要的快抢呀。大好机会哦。

2万

主题

2万

帖子

6万

积分

论坛元老

积分
QQ
发表于 2011-1-21 10:52:00 | 显示全部楼层

Re:惊人好消息。www.garagegames.com新开放。48小时引擎只卖99

已经下手

不过根本不能下载

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2011-1-21 15:27:00 | 显示全部楼层

Re:Garagegames新开放48小时引擎只卖99美金

下载是进入自己的帐号内,过些时间就可以下载了,现在网站刚开,买的人太多,不能即买即得。

2万

主题

2万

帖子

6万

积分

论坛元老

积分
QQ
发表于 2011-1-21 16:17:00 | 显示全部楼层

哎!想Torque3D刚出时,999美元,2周内下手可折扣200美元,有TGEA授权可再免200美元。
结果当时599下手N次均失败。

现在99成功入手,真不知道是幸运还是什么。

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2011-1-21 16:25:00 | 显示全部楼层

是幸运

主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
发表于 2011-1-23 17:57:00 | 显示全部楼层

请问一下 买的时候是用的什么支付方式?

2万

主题

2万

帖子

6万

积分

论坛元老

积分
QQ
发表于 2011-1-24 11:26:00 | 显示全部楼层

PayPal或国际信用卡
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

作品发布|文章投稿|广告合作|关于本站|游戏开发论坛 ( 闽ICP备17032699号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 19:56